-  Helping You To make A House Your Home!
                                       Little more about Radon

What is EPA's Action Level for Radon and What Does it Mean?

Radon in air is ubiquitous ( existing or being everywhere at the same time) Radon is found in outdoor air and in the indoor air of buildings of all kinds. EPA recommends homes be fixed if the radon level is 4pCi/L. (picocurries per liter) or more. Because there is no known safe level of exposure to radon. EPA also recommends that Americans consider fixing their home for radon levels between 2 pCi/L and 4 pCi/L.

My experience with radon testing has been of mixed results with testing for it when asked by clients to test.

Radon readings can be high at one house and the house right next door could have very low readings. So if you see a neighbor's has a migration system it does not mean you need one or have high levels of radon entering your home

I use the  proven charcoal canisters provided and purchased  from AHIT and have worked well.
They are of top quality and are sent out by me to the Lab for results which take 3-4 days with a written report back to me and the client by email.

If a reading is higher than what EPA describes as being over limits and the house has an open or unsealed sump pump crock I always suggest sealing the openings with an approved quality covering kit which is very reasonable in price compared to the Migration system installed.

Then another test can be taken to see how much it has reduced the levels.
A few of my client's were able to lower the readings from high levels by just sealing the sump pump crock with an approved cover kit along sealing any cracks or openings in the concrete flooring.

If this does not reduce the levels to what is needed then my recommendation would be to go ahead with the migration system method which would be the way to go for you and your family.

I hope this has explained to you a little more about radon and the process any home owner can use in determining and remedying any high levels of radon gas entering your home.

I have another page on my website about Radon which is very informational .

Any questions please feel free to contact. I am here for you!

      Thank You, Al Lucci

   Call: 262/496/3294

Website Builder provided by  Vistaprint